Courses: General English ESOL
This course is designed to help you develop your speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
The course accommodates speakers of all abilities.
You will have the opportunity to improve your pronunciation, increase your fluency in speaking English and practise your telephone skills. Additionally, you will take part in conversations and discussions to help you improve your confidence.
If you are working at a higher level, you will also learn idioms and phrasal verbs. You will develop your reading, writing and practise skills, such as writing emails and letters, improving your grammar and use of the tenses.
- Improved speaking confidence in small groups
- Increased vocabulary
- Familiarity with informal English language and idioms
- Improved pronunciation
- Improved grammar and use of the tenses
- Letter writing skills (formal and informal, including e-mail)
- Improved telephone skills
Monday 16 September 2019 to Friday 6 December 2019.
- Wednesdays from 7pm to 9pm (Entry level)
- Thursdays from 7pm to 9pm (Intermediate and Upper Intermediate levels)
- Fridays from 10am to 12pm (Intermediate and Upper Intermediate levels)
Where necessary, there is some small flexibility in the class times in order to accommodate your work commitments.
If are interested in joining this course, you must first attend a free assessment and admissions session.
The assessment and admissions session is an opportunity for you to meet the teachers and decide if the course is right for you. Also, the evening is an opportunity for the teachers to assess your initial ability and recommend the best class for you.
Assessment session details:
- Community First, 163 West Street, Fareham, PO16 0EF.
- Assessment sessions will be on Monday 9 September 1 p.m. to 3 PM and Wednesday 11 September 7 p.m. to 9 PM.
Assessment session booking:
- To book your place an assessment session, please telephone or e-mail us.
Likely next steps
- You may use this course to help boost your confidence before applying for a job or for further study.
- You may use this course as part of your preparation for your Life in the UK test.
- You may wish to re-join this course next term to continue practising your English with existing and new students.
Assessment & Reward
At the end of the course, you will be presented with a certificate of attendance.
Any other questions?
Please get in touch.